LIST YOUR BOAT
Why List your boat with us?
I began selling boats over 30 years ago. I realized after a short time that all boats have names for a reason . . . that they are cherished members of somebody’s family. That means it may be an emotional process and we understand it could be your best or worst day on the water.
We pride ourselves on being a Wikipedia of Yacht Brokerage. By hiring us as your professional yacht broker, you gain valuable perspective and information by leveraging our knowledge and experience. We have two locations, one in California and one in Florida. Both fully licensed and bonded. We sell new and previously owned boats and are current on boating trends and market changes. We gladly share our knowledge to help buyers understand what your boat may offer them that other boats do not.
We want to make selling your boat the best day on the water because we believe you will buy another boat one day. My hope is that it will be with our help.
We have many tools to market your boat for best results
- National and International search engines are the bread and butter of the sales business. These allow people to find your boat for sale. There are several boat searches engines that we advertise on. There are times when we use regional advertising for certain types of boats when this makes more sense.
- For example Southern California has a strong sailboat market between 30 to 40 feet. Larger Sailboats can travel to other parts of the world, but is someone in France looking for your 32 Catalina? Not likely. Focused, local marketing is more effective.
- An outboard boat sale requires a broker like us who knows a lot about outboard power and how to deal with their unique issues. Outboard buyers tend to find boats listed in local publications. We represent new boats for sale. The Belzona brand of outboard powered boats up to 40 feet with multiple engines.
- Large yachts attract people who are very knowledgeable and require us to be more knowledgeable on newer boats.
- The use of video and drone photography is very helpful to buyers and brokers who don’t have immediate access to your boat. We have professional photographers to make your boat the must see boat on the market.
There are many facets to a good listing as well as making the boat have buy appeal. We cannot cover them all here.
One very important element of our work is drafting and executing of the purchase contract for the sale of your boat. A good contract protects you during and after the sale of your boat.
We are proud members of the California Yacht Brokers Association and use their legal documents that comply with all of the California Boating and Waterways consumer laws and regulations.
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
How many times have you heard that? It's true. Timing is everything, whether you are leveraging your sale against something else you want to do with that money or making sure you don’t lose an opportunity because of other brokers and salesman putting up roadblocks result in the loss of other potential buyers.
Negotiating with a positive out come is our goal
We understand and manage all expectations of the sale. This is where total honesty and delivery on your promises comes into play. Price is only one of the factors in a successful deal.
A completed sale at Westbound Yachts is just the beginning of our relationship. We are here for you in the future and enjoy staying in touch with you and want to know what is happening in your boating life.
Let us put a new name on the back of your boat so that someone else can find the same joy you had.